Tuesday 28 June 2016

My go-to eyeshadow look- 


On a daily, everyday basis I attempt to create new makeup looks. All depending on the type of day, season or event I will be faced with. Yet, I always tend to come back to my favourite type of eye shadow look. Even though this eye shadow look is on the smokey side, I believe that you can still wear it on a daily basis if you add subtle shades carefully. In this post, I will be discussing my favourite eye shadow shades to use on a daily basis and a go-to look I tend to stick with. Even though the eye shadow palettes I use are higher-end cosmetics, I believe that you can easily create this look with certain eye shadow palettes such as 'In the Buff' which is a dupe to the Naked 2 palette. 

To begin, I believe that preparing the eyelid for the eye shadow is key. Find yourself a primer that is suitable for your skin type. For example, if you suffer with oily skin, a matte-based primer will benefit you most. My personal favourite is Urban Decay Primer Potion. This primer is my all-time best simply because it prevents oily lids and also adds a touch of colour to cover veins or discolouration on the eyelid. 



Once the eye shadow primer has been applied, I personally prefer
to place a translucent powder above the primer for even more 
coverage. Once preparation is completed, I begin with the eye shadow. The eye shadow shade Urban Decay- Shag is one of my all-time favourite shades. You can use this eye shadow on an average day or for a night out. Yet, I would advise to spritz a setting spray onto the eye shadow brush before applying because the shade is extremely pigmented. I apply this shade to the centre of my lid in a patting motion to prevent any fallout. Once completed, I begin with the crease.




Even though this particular shade is not actually an eye shadow, 
I still prefer to use it within the crease. Hoola bronzer by 
Benefit is a great shade to use because it is extremely 
matte and has not shimmer whatsoever. I apply this 
in circular motions within the crease until it is all
blended. 





Once the crease is completed, I begin with the outer-corner
of my eyelid. I tend to prefer to use a much darker shade 
within the outer-corner as it adds a more smokey
effect to the look. I tend to use the shades from the 
Naked 2 palette to achieve this smokey shade. My
favourite shades to use within this palette are
snakebite and busted.




I would further advise to place a highlighter shade or 
a bright shade onto the eyebrow bone to create a 
more illuminated effect and to add even more 
coverage. After this final step, my eye
shadow routine is completed.I also prefer to add 
a liquid eyeliner for a more edgy effect. I hope this 
helps and I hope to see you create this look one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment