Friday 1 July 2016

Home-ware haul

I have recently funded towards a few new home-ware items for my newly decorated room. I believe that even the smallest type of buys can still bring forward a whole new atmosphere towards a room. I had decided to re-decorate my room for a number of reasons. My bedroom is currently in an attic. So, it tends to be extremely dark and gloomy. The colour that was previously on my walls was a dark-turquoise tone. I thought that this colour was far too dark and decreased any type of light from entering my room. So, I painted my walls a duck-egg shade and cream. This lightened my room massively and just overall looks much more mature and suitable. Yet, I will hopefully be moving out next year to go to University. To some of you this re-decoration may seem pointless but I share a room with my younger sister so I believe this will benefit her in the long-run also. 

Once decorated, I purchased a range of different items to add a homely effect to my room. These items ranged from candles to lights. 

The first item I had purchased was fairy lights. I placed these 
lights in and around the board of my bed to add a more  decorative effect. I had bought these fairy lights from The Range rating at around £5.00 per pack. The lights are extremely pretty and make my room look very cosy. 






I had then decided to buy a range of different candles. I believe adding
candles to a bedroom will bring the whole room together. It adds a
homely, warm tone to the bedroom and overall makes it look much
more presentable. I would highly recommend purchasing candles
from Yankee Candle. These candles have a scent that is strong 
enough to smell when you enter the room, but not strong enough
to burn your scent. My favourite scent from this range is spring days.
It is the perfect flower scent that is not too strong. I placed this 
candle inside a Yankee Candle vase for more effect. 



As my bedroom is placed inside an attic, I tend to not have much light
enter my room, especially in the winter. So, buying a bedside lamp
was essential for me. I wanted to buy a lamp that was simple yet 
pretty. This lamp shade blends perfectly with my cream walls and
adds a warm light to my room. The lamp I had purchased was 
ranging at £11.99 from The Range. I believe that the diamond shaped
decoration also blends perfectly with my diamond-shaped fairy lights.






Finally, a bedroom would not be complete without the perfect bed-sheets.
I wanted mine to blend well with the rest of the room and look more 
mature. So, I had purchased these sheets from B&M ranging in at 
around £12.00. The inner-sheet has a black shade which links
well with the black furniture. 

Thank you for reading:)
instagram- chloe.jenkins4
snapchat- chloe_jenkins46


No comments:

Post a Comment